Monday 14 September 2009

Pink & Brown - P*skarteluhaaste #5

I missed last week's P*skarteluhaaste, and was determined to make it this week. The challenge #5 was to use pink and brown, so I followed it to the letter.

Stamps: Savvy Stamps / Finnstamper
Inks: Distress Ink 'Walnut stain' / Fluid chalk
Paper: Basic Grey 'Blush' / Tilda 'Seaside'
Ribbon: Tilda
Punches: EK Success / Woodware
Die cut: Cricut Expression 'Plantin Schoolbook'
Brads: HOTP

I cut the big flower shape with my Cricut, nice to put that one into good use, usually it just collects dust on its shelf. I wanted rounded corners for the dotted paper, but that was a bit problematic, since it's actually the card blank. So I made a template from a square piece of card by rounding its corners with a corner punch, traced around it onto the reverse of the dark brown paper and cut the centre out. I used the edge here to frame my card and give the central panel the corners I wanted, the cut-out centre I can use in a future project. I was going to use more silk flowers on this card but couldn't fit them into design (they are from a cherry branch I bought on sale and have gorgeous shades of pink), but I only managed to use one and even that was difficult, should've glued the central flower more to the side... Another hard decision was how to add the greeting. In the end, I just cut a leaf shape freehand and stamped the greeting there.

1 comment: