Tuesday 15 September 2009

I need a job!

Oh dear, I've been a naughty, naughty girl for the past week. First, I splurged (yup, that's the word to describe it to a tee) ginormous amount of money onto stash when in Helsinki, then I've been steadily spending on second-hand stamps and other stuff for the past week. It seems that even my ever-so-patient better half is getting frustrated with me spending away... So I need to get a job to better justify why I need to get this or that supply. So far, my excuse has been my birthday, but I think people will start to wonder it at some point (luckily it's soon Christmas time...). For my defense I have to say I was a good girl today, too, and didn't order a lovely dress from Collectif... so that I could use the money on new stash. Sad, little me...

Here's another birthday cake card, I just love this cake stamp by Savvy Stamps. I meant the folded corner to extend a little further, but estimated it wrong. It's not too bad as it is, it's just that I had a different vision in my mind. The lovely cake paper was a freebie from a mag, and I finally got to use cut-out Tilda borders I'd bought ages ago, the patchwork had all the colours I needed. The doodled frame didn't come out at all like I wanted it to (now when do I learn to sketch with pencil first?!), but adding several layers of chalk to tone down the background in the "text box" saved the day.

Stamps: Savvy Stamps / PSX / Doodlebug 'Birthday'
Ink: Colorbox 'Cocoa'
and 'Lime'
Scissors: Fiskars
Letter stickers: Upikit
Border: Tilda Crafts
Flower: Prima
Acrylic sticker: Accessorize

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are a naughty, naughty girl indeed, but i do like this card (too). Especially the message. ;)

    ReplyDelete