Wednesday 23 September 2009

Home is where the heart is - JCC #75

I'd had this card idea in my head for quite some time, but hadn't really gotten round and making it. When a friend of mine bought a flat, I decided it was high time to get on with it. Besides, I noticed that this week's sketch in Jehkotar CardChallenge was really similar to what I'd been pondering. So here's my entry for JCC #75.

Die cut: Cricut 'Plantin Schoolbook'
Flowers: Prima/ Reprint
Stamp: Inkadinkado
Ink: VersaMark
Embossing powder: Ranger
Rub-on: Kaiser Crafts
Heart gem: Tiimari

I cut the city scene with Cricut from black and red paper. I only used part of the whole black strip and only one house from the red. The small heart was leftovers from a border punch. I stamped and embossed swirls on the red flower to echo the doodling and layered it with a couple of white flowers and a heart gem. I used wire to attach the key charm to the flower, no idea where I got that or the ribbon hiding the die cut's edge from. The rub-on was really hard to keep still while rubbing and I had to do some slight retouching here and there to hide the breaking points. I didn't quite stick to the sketch because I felt the card looked better this way, but I think stayed true enough to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment