Wednesday 23 September 2009

Drunken pike - Mojo Monday #105

This card was a sum of happy accidents. When I saw this week's sketch at Mojo Monday, I immediately thought "Fish scales!". Then I realised I needed a card for an eager fisherman. And finally, I accidentally finally bought alcohol inks last weekend, perfect for colouring some fish scales for my card. I aimed for the pike here, using mainly yellow and green, and added some scalish texture by rubbing the circles with a bone folder on wire mesh (need to practice that a bit more). Of course, I needed to practice with the inks and see the colours for real, so I used kitchen foil for that, and later punched a square from it to back my rub-on. I first tried to fit the rub-on to a square of cream paper but it simply wouldn't fit, totally the wrong shape for that, so I just rubbed it onto the paper and cut it out. Trickiest part was to find the right ribbon for the card as my stash failed me again, but in the end I managed to come up with a decent option, the dots on the ribbon remind of the spots on trout's back and sides.

Paper: Karen Foster Design 'Green Fish Pattern'
Snakeskin paper: Sinelli
Square punch: Craftime

Sheet metal: Folia
Alcohol inks: Adirondack 'Meadow Green', 'Butterscotch', 'Ginger'
Rub-on: Royal & Langnickel Brush Mfg. 'Fishing Collage'
Dotted ribbon: Tiimari

No comments:

Post a Comment