Tuesday 25 August 2009

Two flowers, a stamp and patterned papers - P*skarteluhaaste #2

Ok, so the title is a bad imitation of a title of a TV series, but couldn't really help myself there... I've never taken part in any challenges before, but as I was making this card for my sister's birthday (she's not gonna read this, so I wont be spoiling anything... I hope) I realised that I could actually fit it into this P*skarteluhaaste #2. The challenge was to use 3 flowers, 2 patterned papers and 1 stamp. Here's my take of these ingredients:

Ok, maybe I am interpreting the rules a bit my way... Both of the patterned papers are actually cardstock weight, but I think the pattern was the crucial point here. I also used only total of 3 Prima flowers and layered two of them, since had I layered the one in the upper corner also, I'd had to find a place for a third flower and that was bit too much to ask. The sheep stamp is by High Hopes, and I coloured it in with Inktense pens (and actually managed to make shadowings, go me :) ). A bit of colour to the edge with Distress ink, 3 red brads, a piece of ribbon and a greetings tag to finish, since nobody said anything about using additional stuff in the card.

I've been having mixed feelings about Inktense pencils. I wanted them, but now that I have them , I haven't be able to use them the I'd would have wanted. There are no light shades included in the set, which is a bit of a bother, and I don't get the shades I want. With this card, I've seemed to found a way of working with them: instead of colouring the picture and applying water, I take little colour straight from the pencils and apply it with a waterbrush and if there's some extra, I dab it away with a tissue. I find it easier to control the intensity of the colour and shade this way.

1 comment:

  1. Ihanan raikas ja pirteä kortti, joka on todella tyylikkäästi toteutettu! Tosi kivasti väritetty leimakuva ja punavalkoisuus toimii aina! <3

    ReplyDelete