Thursday 27 August 2009

'Cause age doesn't come alone

This card/tag accompanied a Hangover survival kit, which included a Hangover pack and other bits and pieces that help to make the morning after bearable (my friends complain that the older you get, the worse your hangovers will be, alhtough mine have always been rather incapacitating...). I think the theme is very fitting :)

I haven't done much (if any) paper piecing but it was nice and surprisingly easy (now why did I think it might be hard in the first place, silly me) and I'm really pleased with the result. I used HOTP tag templates to help cut out the tags as well as the shapes for the plaster (I took a banner as a starting point and stretched or shrunk it as needed. The white dots I scavenged from my ordinary office hole punch. Again, some ink on the edges for definition. I used my trusty Dymo for the greeting, but there was a catch: it does not include an aposthrope. After a bit of pondering I took a piercing tool and use it to press the marks like Dymo would. This was my first time with staples as well and I found them actually quite nice. Must make a mental note to use them more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment