Sunday 9 August 2009

CD desk calendar and birthday quickie

Well, to be honest, the calendar doesn't use CDs but an empty cd case. I got the idea from here. The calendar was a birthday present for a friend and it turned out to be rather quick to make.

I discarded the cd holder part of the case, removed the front cover and reattached it reversely so that it will stay upright and display the current month. The rest of the months can wait their turn in the back cover where the cd holder was. I chose different handmade papers for each month, printed a small calendar from the web (can't remember where I found it from) and cut an pasted the months to the papers and added small sitckers and embellishments for each month. I cut the papers to 12x12 cm so they can be slipped onto the front cover of the case and inked the edges.









For the card I used stuff that I don't often use (and justified having lots and lots of stash: "See, I knew I'd need this at some point."). I cut the numbers from two different papers with Cricut and layered them a bit askew for a 3D look. I chose handmade paper for the card blank to give a little texture and cheered it up with glittery star embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment