Sunday 30 August 2009

Quilty kitty

I stopped my friend from buying a birthday card for her friends girl, just innocently offering to make one. After bit of prying I'd learned that the birthday girl liked cats, so I knew just which the card to make. I found this cat from CMPC # 51.

Although the model cards used the template in 100% and 200% copies, they didn't work with this card (100% being too small and 200% too large), so I copied it in 150%. I cut the sections of the kitty from different patterned papers, inked the edges and pieced them together onto white paper. I drew in the details, used a circle cutter to make the ball and added a puffy sticker (I drew around with a black fineliner to make it pop out better). Panels of green patterned papers and fake stitching make the background.

Papers: Dovecraft Pheobe and Lilykate/ DCWV Floral Prints/Tiimari/Digital Scrapbook
Ink: Colorboc Cat Eyes (cocoa)

No comments:

Post a Comment