Sunday 30 August 2009

Baby animals

I made these cards for my friend who needed two new baby cards. These were mystery babies again, so no blue or pink just to be on the safe side. My friend hinted that one of the cards could well sport zingier colours instead of the baby pastels, so that's what I did.

Papers: DCWV Pocketful of Posies/HOTP/Sense(?)
Stamps: Penny Black/Finnstamper
Inks: Versamark, ColorBox
Colours: Derwent Watercolour

Again a Penny Black image (they just are so darn cute), coloured in with watercolour pencils and water brush. I used a free template from SCP for the flower stem, but I didn't have large enough scalloped circle so I drew a bigger circle and fitted the scallops of a template along the rim. I stamped the greeting onto a snippet of the same paper as the flower stem, embossed it with clear embossing powder and fixed it onto a small tag, which I knotted around the stem. A piece of violet organdy ribbon finishes the card.

I also made two other cards for my friend to choose from. They had the same colours, but in pastel shades. These were a bit simpler. I used 3D stickers on puched white circles (cardstock and dotty vellum) and the same free templates for the flowers. Again the small tags, but this time I stamped and embossed onto the vellum, and the violet ribbon but this time grossgrain instead of organdy.
Papers: HOTP, Rayher
3D stickers: Eno Craft
Stamp: Finnstamper
Ribbon: Rayher

No comments:

Post a Comment