Saturday 29 August 2009

Lace 'em up!

Ever since I saw this card design by Enfys Cashmore in PI #53, I knew it would be a perfect card for my friend, since one of our best times together involved dancing Scottish folk dances in corsets (yes, you can survive dancing through a ceilidh without loosening your lacing, I'm a living proof of that). Unfortunately it was almost a year to her birthday at the time, so nothing else for me to do but wait...

I changed the colour scale to suit my supplies. This was the first time I actually bothered to get my sewing machine out and use it in a card, mainly because it's from 50's or 60's and thus not of plastic but iron and weighs a ton (I need one of those little plastic minimachines that are no good in real sewing but ideal for card making). The card blank follows the curve of the corset, although for some reason I had to leave the front cover a bit shorter than the back (probably just me being a miser). I've tried to look for more of that turqoise dotty paper, but to no avail, seems it's out of stock everywhere...

Papers: Rayher, CMPC
Ribbon, eyelets: Paprus

No comments:

Post a Comment