Thursday 23 July 2009

Hearty congrats

I love that stamp, but boy it's a tough one to use. It took several attempts to get the amount of ink and and pressure right and to achieve a good image. I stamped it onto slightly ribbed white card (it states in the wrapping that it's meant for business cards, but I doubt I'll ever use it for that purpose) in deep red and cut it into a rectangle. I stamped the greeting onto a scrap of the same card and backed both with red and silver handmade paper. I layered dotted vellum on top the card blank and attached it from the middle with two eyelets. Two pieces of narrow satin ribbon add the finishing touches. I had trouble getting the one at the spine go nicely through all four holes and to get the bow to the front, but it seems I made it in the end (although I can't remember how).

No comments:

Post a Comment