Thursday 23 July 2009

Have a fluffy birthday

I once bought coordinated sets of decorative yarn from a sale, but had trouble finding a way to use them. They didn't seem to quite fit to any design. It wasn't until I realised that I didn't need to (and probably shouldn't) use only one yarn but a whole bunch that I finally managed to incorporate them into a card layout.

I layered a couple of flowers and fixed them onto a tag with a gem brad. The tag actually had holes at both ends so the flowers helped to conceal the other one. I selected several yarns, looped them through the remaining hole and tousled them a bit to make the tassel look fuller. I backed the tag with a coordinating paper, cut the greeting from another paper and backed it with lime hand-made paper for a bit more texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment