Wednesday 3 June 2009

A wedding quickie

I needed a card for my friend's wedding and I needed it fast, so I didn't have time to mull over every decision for 15 minutes like I normally do.



I took a lightly ribbed cream card blank with precut apertures and glued a piece of deep red rose-patterned cardstock on the reverse. I stuck three golden heart stickers in the middle of the apertures, and as the card was still lacking something I attached snippets of a peel-off scroll border between the apertures. For a bit of added luxury, I matched the envelope with the card with a punched square of the same patterned cardstock and a heart sticker.

I made one mistake with this card: I "neatened" the edges of the patterned cardstock (at least it was solid red and not patterned) on the inside of the card blank with peel-off scroll border. It would have been better to cover it with an insert.

No comments:

Post a Comment