Monday 1 June 2009

A tired knitter

We had a small knitting circle among friends (although we tended to concentrate even more on chatting), so when I was making a birthday card for one of them, this kitten stamp was perfect for it.


My first idea was to emboss the kitty with black but the stamp proved to be too detailed for it and the result was far from satisfactory. Then I tried clear embossing powder, with even poorer results. So I gave up on the whole idea of embossing and stamped the kitty with VersaMark on blue handmade paper. I decided to highlight the ball of yarn with red but left the kitty as it was. I took 15x15 cm square of corrugated card for card blank to give the card some texture. As I wanted the card to have a needlecraft feel to it, I selected papers with cloth-like patterns and cut pieces from them. I tried to arrange them like they had been haphazardly thrown on a table (looking the card now, I think the red piece should've been higher and a bit more angled, and I probably should've inked the papers' edges). I glued the stamped kitty on top of the papers and added the text strips with Dymo .

No comments:

Post a Comment