Tuesday 29 September 2009

Hello, sailor! - Friday Sketchers #71

This week Friday Sketchers had a nice sketch from which to work. I really loved this one since it gives so many opprtunities, you can either make it really simple and graphic or ornate as you like, it suits both options well. I think my version is somewhere in between. The optional element was distressing, which was bit difficult in this card, but I sanded the edges of the paint sample ("frayed" nicely) and I guess you could count the number stamp as distressing (and as a sentiment!) as well...
Stamp: Inkadinkado
Colours: Derwent Inktense
Papers: Rayher/ Sadolin paint sample
Punch: Woodware
Ribbon, eyelets: Artemio

I used Inktense pencils for colouring in the image but they just don't seem to work for me, I usually don't get the results I'd want, so might actually be giving up with them. Since I found the perfect red button from my stash (actually just bought that morning), I went so far as to stitch it in place to echo the buttons in the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment