Thursday 23 July 2009

Two of a kind

I have a whole bunch of pipe cleaners I don't know where they came from or how to use them. The ordinary wires with only one colour are a bore, but the two-coloured wires, like this red-and-yellow one, are quite nice.

So I had a go with twisting the wire into shape and it wasn't too hard. Attaching the wire was another story altogether: I figured that the safest bet would be using a thin layer of PVA glue but the damn thing just kept on coming loose. I guess the bristles kept the wire raised and they were too soft to take a good grip on the glue. Anyhow, there was a high potential of getting glue all over the whole card and wire, but I managed to avoid it. I drew a doodled frame around the panel and added yellow and red flowers to the corners. For one corner, I layered few flowers and fixed an orange brad through their centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment