Friday 24 July 2009

One's loss is other's gain

I was flipping through a pad of papers when I noticed that some of the papers had got ink transferred at the back from the next paper. My first thought was to think of ways to cover it up, but some papers actually looked quite attractively double-sided and perfect for card blanks.

I had wanted to use that folded corner design for some time. I left the uneven half of the transferred pattern inside the card front and hid the worst bit behind the polkadot paper on the folded corner. I stamped the texts and added a bit of pink to some letters with a gel pen. The "happy" stamp actually had the word repetead several times, but I snipped the extra away. I matted the texts onto pink cardstock and glued to the card front, the brad is there just for show. I made the round aperture with a coin, inked the edges to hide the white core, glued a circle of polka dot paper inside the card and attached an acrylic sticker on top (it's amazing what you can find from a shop selling fashion accessories...).

No comments:

Post a Comment