Thursday 23 July 2009

Have the cake and eat it too

I stamped the birthday cake with a rainbow inkbad. It took a few trials to see which colours worked best but I did like the effect, I think I should try to use it more often. I inked the edges, glued the oval onto a scrap of purple paper and decided cut the scalloped edge with decorative scissors. Too bad I only found the right shade of purple on this paper since it was bit too soft for my scissors, the edge is a bit rough since the fibres didn't want to break without a fight. I was a bit worried whether I could achieve a neat and even border when cutting by hand, but in that respect the result was very good. The grosgrain ribbon came with a mag and it works really well with the cheerful patterned paper. I was so happy when I found the purple foam star from my stash, since it was just the right size for the peel-off numbers and even same purple as my scalloped background. Besides, I have loads of them and never seem to be finding ways to use them. I decided to have a go at stamping onto the ribbon, but black Versafine didn't work so well on its own. The text did show but only just, so I went over it with a black marker pen. I think I need to practice positioning the stamps more, the text was meant to be in the middle of the ribbon, which it isn't...

No comments:

Post a Comment