Sunday 14 June 2009

You rock!

Well, perhaps the card isn't as much rock than folk or country... Anyhow, it does have a guitar, making it perfect for a music fan (or a player of Guitar Hero, although they might prefer a rougher look).

I cut and assembled the 3D picture, this time even folding the uppermost layer a bit (I usually don't bother). I left out the rectangular background layer because the picture worked far better on a CD without it. I had come across this amazing lacquer that you can add on paper (not sure if the paper has to be non-porous like in this case) and it gave lifelike finish to the guitar. I attached a piece of note-patterned white vellum on the card blank, glued the CD onto the card with PVA glue (it did buckle the card a bit so probably not the best way) and topped it with the 3D picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment