Sunday 14 June 2009

New horizons

A colleague got a new job, so we needed a farewell card. I wanted something relatively simple but still special so I decided to use tea bag folding again. I have to say that there definitely was improvement from the first tea bag folded card, probably because I used different fold and bigger squares.

I scanned and printed the patterned paper (didn't want to waste the original trying and wasn't sure if one paper would be enough) and cut it into 5 cm squares. I folded and assembled the rosette and attached it onto white paper. I cut a narrow border, punched slits to the corners and mounted the panel onto blue paper. I covered half of the card blank with the same patterned paper, attached the rosette panel in the middle of the card and glued a laser cutting in the middle of the rosette (another good way of hiding any wonkiness). As I had narrow strips of the patterned paper from cutting the squares, I glued one of them and another laser cutting on the envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment