Monday 22 June 2009

Cat express

Ok, so maybe it's not so common to congratulate your friend on a new car, but if you're desperate for excuses...

The free templates from Papercraft Inspirations had a perfect timing and arrived just when I needed them, including this nice car template as well. I made the windows a bit larger to better fit the cat's head and inked the edges. I stamped the cat image on a piece of plain white paper and glued it on the car shape so that the cat is peeking from the window. I used green and blue chalks to color the background, punched the text label with Dymo and decorated it with a flower brad. Looking at the photo at least, some sort of borders might have been nice, but for some reason I didn't make them.

I made another variation of this card when another friend got her driver's license, I just used brighter colours and a photo aperture card blank. I fixed the car with foam pads and stamped the congrats around the aperture (should've stamped them the same side up on each side). I punched flowers from the patterned paper with a small circle punch, glued them onto the corners and doodled a border.

No comments:

Post a Comment