Monday 22 June 2009

Home tweet home

I first came by this nesting box stamp in a swap and loved it so much that I just had to get it for myself too. It's perfect for new home cards and easy to come up with a greeting as well.

For a more masculine card, I used bright basic colours. I coloured the image in with watercolour pencils and spread the colours a bit with a waterbrush. I mounted the image on a panel of patterned paper and fixed it onto a card blank. I printed the greeting, backed it with light yellow handmade paper and attached two green brads before fixing it onto the card.

Another variation with more feminine style and colours. The image is again coloured in with watercolour pencils and backed with pink paper. I glued a large panel of stripy paper onto the card blank and fixed the image on top of it. I cut away the fastening loop from a flower button and used glue dots to fix it as a flower centre and to fix the flower to the card. Here's also a very rare occurrence of my own handwriting, highly stylised as my normal handwriting is terrible. I wrote the greeting on a strip of white paper and inked the edges with pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment