Thursday 11 June 2009

Bootee-licious

Baby cards that are made in advance are bit problematic. I don't have pretensions with colours (blue for the boy, pink for the girl) but I can never be sure this is the case at the recieving end. Most of the time the baby's gender is still a mystery. As a result, I tend to use lots of neutral colours like yellow, purple, green and orange for the mystery babies.

For the card on the left, I draw the bootee templates myself and cut them from purple cardstock. I wrapped a length of white cord around each bootee and tied it into a bow. I used left-over pieces from peel-offs to give the impression of cutwork embroidery. I cut a square panel from yellow paper, punched the corners and decorated the edges with peel-off borders. I fixed the bootees on the panel with foam pads and attached it on a purple card blank. Last, I added a small round sticker to spell the greeting.

The card on the right is much simpler. I mounted an ready-made dungarees sticker on light yellow paper and mounted the panel first on violet spotted paper and then on darker violet paper, leaving narrow borders both times. When finished, I fixed the panel on a white card blank.

No comments:

Post a Comment