Thursday 11 June 2009

Bagful of birthday joy

I found this nice snakeskin patterned paper and just had to found a project to use it in. It even feels leathery! As my friend, whose collection of bags is extensive, had her birthday coming up, what better than a handbag-shaped card.

I sketched the handbag template from the top of my head and used it to cut the pieces from pink flocked paper and the black snakeskin paper. I paper pieced the handbag with glue and added a bit of chic with a tea bag folded rosette. I fixed the rosette to the card with a pink brad and twisted a piece of pink wire for a handle. I admit that the finished card could have looked better, but I have to say for myself that it was the first attempt and with no instructions . Taking this into consideration, I'm rather satisfied with the result, and not the least because my friend liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment