Sunday 26 October 2008

May I present...

I made this card for my friend's daughter's name giving party. It's surprisingly simple for my card but I rather like it that way. Since "labelling" boys and girls by colour was a sort of issue at the time in our chats, I consciously tried to avoid making a girly pink card.
I got some good snaps of the baby when she was only a few hours old from a friend, so I decided to start from those. As I just printed the photo on common printer paper, I'm not sure how long it will last without deterioraring. I then measured the place for the window on the card front and cut it out with carft knife – not the best solution, mind you. Luckily I had light yellow cord I used to hide the edges of the aperture. I hid the cord's rough edges under a small bow of the same cord.

I wanted to make the photo of the baby as the focal point, so the card front should stay quite minimal. I chose a picture of a teddy bear and building blocks as the colours suited the cord, and the silver highlights added a bit of flair to the card. The card front still looked a bit unfinished so I added thin borders with light yellow and light green gel pens, which seemed to do the trick. To continue with the non-girly colour theme inside the card, I mounted the photo print on light yellow handmade paper and added the violet rattler picture to adorn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment