Sunday 26 October 2008

Anniversary cards

I made the next two cards for the same anniversary (80th). As red was the recipient's favourite colour, it's no wonder they both feature red roses.

The first one has grey cardbase (I spent a while debating with myself whether grey actually is an acceptable colour for an anniversary card), which gives a nice background for the bunch of red roses. As music was recipient's dearest hobby, I searched a suitable picture of notes and printed it out. To frame it a little, I glued it on red mulberry paper and frayed the edges. I then carefully cut out a rose image from a decoupage sheet and attached it on top with foam pads, to give the card a bit of dimension.

Although (and because of) the second card had the same theme of red roses, I wanted it to have a bit different look than the first one. I took five miniature silk roses and tied them together to form a bunch. I then clued a scrap of white tissue paper around the roses as the wrapping paper. I cut a rectangle with rounded corners out of golden angelhair paper (my first and so far last attempt to use Fiskars ShapeCutter...) and glued it first onto white and then onto red card. I glued the panel onto a handmade straw-textured cardbase. Glueing the rosebouquet on the card was the trickiest part, as it was a bit heavy, but eventually I managed to glue it where I wanted it, so that the diagonal line gives a dynamic feel to the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment