Saturday 29 August 2009

A tag album for grandpa

I wanted to make a handmade gift for my grandpa's 80th birthday. I tried with several ideas first, but as they didn't work so well and I had wanted to have a hand in scrapbooking for a long time, I decided to try and make a minibook. I didn't have many pictures of my grandpa, so I asked my aunt to send me some of hers. As the pictures weren't mine, I had no idea when or where they were taken, so I didn't use almost any journaling, just some nice patterned papers and few embellishments.

I scanned my grandpa's 70th birthday photo and used his signature as my title. The album is a sort of accordion album that can be tied together with ribbon.

The ribbon actually weaves through the tags (it goes under the patterned paper) connecting them. A bit tricky binding, so I probably won't use it again. I didn't have large enough eyelets for the holes in the tags, otherwise I would have use a book ring or some such to bind them together.

I tried to keep the colours equally muted and match them to the photos. I tried to select the embellishments to suit photos' moods, but didn't use them that much in this photo, so the pages look quite minimalistic. I had planned to loop ribbons through the tag holes, but eventually forgot to do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment