Thursday 27 August 2009

Retro baby

This card is straight from CMPC's booklet, A card for all seasons (p. 35), but I was short of ideas and time... as always.

And as always when making cards straight from a model, I got too engrossed with the materials. The fact that I didn't have just that brown polkadot paper almost caused a crisis. As a proof of how sad a geek I am, I actually searched the internet for a suitable polka dot paper, downloaded it, changed the colour in Paint.Net (didn't have Photoshop on that computer) and printed it out. Since I didn't have thick enough wire for the handle, I took pliers and a coil embellishment and brutally mutilated it (unwind it a little). Another window for a crisis was that I realised I didn't have a mini heart punch, but that passed as I found some cut-outs from a heart border punch I had stashed away, just in case I might need them some time (See! Never throw anything away!). I didn't have letter rub-ons so this is a rare occurrence of my handwriting (and I did change the greeting).

I had this image of a milk carton gift bag in my head, so I hadto try to make one. It was a bit tricky, but in the end I manage to make it quite nicely. Since I had most of the brown polkadot paper left, I made a panel for the gift bag to coordinate with the card. I need more of those big peach flowers, they would be so useful...

Paper: Canson Mi-Teintes/internet
Punch: Fiskars
Flowers: Prima
Brad: Tiimari
Ribbon: Tilda Crafts
Chipboard tag: K & Company

No comments:

Post a Comment