Saturday 29 August 2009

Neon Knights

I think that the present that accompanied this card was tickets to Heaven and Hell's gig, so matching the card with the present was a good starting point for the design. I'm not 100% sure that the present actually was the ticket, but I know I matched the card with it somehow...

I tried to match the colours with this 70's photo (from the internet), so ended up using this stripy paper and used a photo corner punch to a) help with the retro feeling and b) fix the photo easily. I wiped brown ink on the edges of the photo to distress it a bit and slotted it in the panel. To break the straight lines and to add some interest, I fixed a couple of flowers onto the card (and the brads echo the stripes really nicely). I think any metal-loving birthday boy would approve them :)
Paper: Dovecraft Blush
Punch: Fiskars
Flowers: Prima Esprit
Brads: Lakeland

No comments:

Post a Comment