Saturday 29 August 2009

21 again

I know women usually start turning the same age year after year at 29, but my friend obviously felt that to be a bit too much, hence the 21 again.

I chose gingham card blank to go with the party's garden party/picnic theme. I used cheery and summery colours with a hint of black to accent. I'd have wanted to use puffy and shiny letters, like thickers, but didn't have those, so I tried to make my own again. I cut them with Cricut from chipboard and coloured them black. I tried to achieve the puffiness with Glossy Accents, but one coat wasnt thick enough. Two coats didn't dry, the first coat just turned whitish, so I just had to peel Glossy away, re-colour th letters and start again. This time I used clear embossing powder, but since it wasn't UTEE, the result wasn't too puffy (although it was shiny). I used a black mini brad above the "i" to tie with the stars in the stamp

Paper: BoBunny Ella Butter Blossom
Stamp: PaperArtsy MN 28
Flowers: Prima

No comments:

Post a Comment