Wednesday 22 July 2009

Rose express

" A confirmation card for a 15-year-old boy, not too religious." Ok, so no crosses, bibles, prayers etc., suits me fine. What else is there for confirmation theme? Ah, the roses, we always get a bunch of those. But I wanted the theme to rather stay fun than pompous, so these Penny Black mice were just the thing.

I coloured the image in with watercolour pencils, trying to achieve the watercolour look. The rose worked fine, but I can only hope it's the flash again bleaching the mice, since they would definitely need more colour (I can't believe I'd have left the poor buggers looking so anemic). I heat embossed the deckled edge to add a touch of dignity to the card, and backed it with thick green paper to match the stem of the rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment