Tuesday 21 July 2009

Little prince

I have mixed feelings on this card. I like the stamped image, the colours, the book plate, the stars, but I don't like my result here. I was really pressed for time with this card and unfortunately it shows. I was trying to catch a train in order to catch a plane and not finished with packing or getting things ready at home, but this one card I just had to make since I was missing the celebrations. I actually posted this card from the airport... Let this serve as a lesson for me that it might a good idea not to leave everything to the least minute (a lesson I will never in a million years learn...).

I coloured the stamped image (from a swap) in with coloured pencils and backed it with orange paper. I punched the corners and attached the panel to a length of orange ribbon. I folded the ribbon and attached it to the card blank with an orange brad and added three star beads to the right with glue dots. The bookplate is attached with orange minibrads and the greeting was the first suitable Words to Go word I came up with. What this card would have still needed is some semblance of border for both the card and the stamped image plus something to back the stars (punched white+contrasting circles would probably work well).

No comments:

Post a Comment