Tuesday 21 July 2009

La femme belle

I have a weak spot for eccentric stamps, so I have ever growing collection of Zettiology and Paper Artsy stamps, but I rarely get to use them (or maybe I'm just too concerned what the recipient will think about the card). I tried to achieve a vintage silent film feeling in this cards since the lady in the stamp vividly reminds me of the ladies in '20s and '30s movies.

I stamped the lady with black Versafine on white watercolour paper. It's nice that the stamp frames itself so I only left a narrow white border. I coloured the headscarf and lips with plum and red rub-on colours using cotton buds as applicators. The black and white diamond paper adds a bit of harlequin feeling to the card. I tore a piece of rose-patterned vellum, fixed the stamped image on it and attached the whole thing to the right-hand side. I took a length of black and white ribbon, folded it into L-shape and secured the fold with a white mini heart brad. The bow under the brad is actually from a bra. Since I don't have a gromlet setter, I made the openings for the prongs with a thick needle and folded them flat with fingers. The result: a very nice card, if I may say. I actually didn't realise how much the ribbon looks like film strip until now. I don't mind, though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment