Saturday 25 July 2009

Halloween house

I decided to have a go at making a pop-up card and make a ghost house for a Halloween card. I started with a design for a new home card but changed the colours to better match the occasion.

The original house was a bit too small for my taste (I wanted to include a window above the door) so I enlarged the house and card blank (since it needed to accommodate to the increased height of the house). I first thought of making the windows with six panes or a half-circle top pane, but it would've been too fiddly and not as good as the more simpler four-pane window. I also thought of adding details like holes in the roof, missing tiles, cobwebs or cracks in the wall, but I'm no good in drawing and the results weren't very good so I gave up and only added some outlines with white gel pen. I also would've wanted to make better door with a ghost peeking behind it, but again lacked the skills for these and just glued a piece of orange cardstock and a spider sticker to the doorway.

I made slight incisions near the spine and threaded a ribbon through them to go around the card for tying it up. For added Halloween feel, I cut a couple of bats from black paper and attached them to the bow with thread so that they hang loosely in the air.

Since I had sssuitable bits and pieces, I used them to make these:

No comments:

Post a Comment