Friday 24 July 2009

A band of fools

I made this card for a friend who's a Beatles fan. Don't really know why but these fellows by Paper Artsy somehow remind me of them (and no, the title isn't my opinion on the Beatles).

This was a difficult stamp to use, with parts of the stamp over-inking while others were left out altogether. I had to try several times before got a decent image. For a bit of vintage feel, I decided to stamp it on light brown paper instead of white. I dont usually cut my stamped images out (they look a little odd to me) but here it works well. I first thought of stamping the image again on white with red ink to get red hats for the band but it didn't look very good, nor did coloring them, so I let them be. I covered the card blank with diamond paper to fit the clown theme and glued the band on top. For colour, I stamped the greeting in red, added a chipboard frame on top and glued three red gems to the bottom right corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment