Wednesday 22 July 2009

30+30=60

I'm very good in rewarding myself. I've bought myself birthday and other presents at least for the next ten years. When I finally graduated from the uni, I felt like I'd earned a really big reward, so I went and treated myslef a Cricut Express (a bit of a pity, since Slice would've been quite enough for my needs, and a lot cheaper, but since it wasn't around at the time...) . This was the first card I made with it.

As it was for a joint 30th birthday, using text seemed the most obvious choice. I cut the numbers from coordinating patterned papers with Cricut and glued them onto cream Canson card (I like their subtle texture). Aligning them would have looked dull, so I tried to avoid it. I layered a couple of Prima flowers and attached them with a gem brad to a spot that looked a bit bare, the doodled symbols took care of a couple of similar places, and the thin border pulls everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment