Friday 12 June 2009

Turning one

I made both the tag and the gift bag myself. I cut the number one first from spotted gift wrap and glued it onto grass green gardstock, cutting a narrow border. I punched a hole at the top of the tag, fixed an eyelet there and threaded a piece of lime green ribbon through it.

I made bag from gift wrap by wrapping it around a box and gluing it in place. Then I folded the short sides in at the bottom of the bag and fixed them with tape. Then I folded the longer sides over the shorter ones and each other and glued them all together. I folded and glued about 5 cm from of the brim inside to neaten it and to make sure it would not tear because of the handles. I punched holes for the handles and reinforced them with eyelets, then threaded orange string trough them. As the present was a bit heavy, I put a piece of chipboard at the bottom of the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment