Friday 12 June 2009

T-h-a-n-k-s

When my regular stash dealer (I truly am an addict...) closed her shop, I felt I had to make a thank you card for her. For some reason, I have hoarded a nice collection of butterfly peel-offs but I rarely use them. I think I should do these 3D-butterflies more often.

I cut poppy paper to fit a normal card blank, then took a slightly longer piece of pink ribbon and secured the ribbon ends behind the paper. I mounted the paper onto the card blank, jamming the ribbon ends in place at the same time (I think there might be a piece of double sided tape under the ribbon as well). I punched small circles from pink and light green silk paper and glued the letter stickers on them. The glue on the stickers was terrible and the paper tried to peel its layers, not a good combo, so I had to use glue stick. I fixed the letters onto the ribbon with foam pads. I glued the butterfly peel-off onto pink vellum, cut it out, folded the wings a bit and fixed to the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment