Sunday 14 June 2009

Peeling the petals

I saw this card in Cardmaking and papercraft and wanted to try it out. The design worked nicely, no problems there, but some of my own additions to the decoration could have been neater.

The card has two flowers on top of each other. The topmost flower is used upside down with the petals scored so they can be tied closed. The greeting is written inside. I inked the edges of the topmost flower with Colorbox Smokey Grey but forgot to do it to the other flower, I think it would have been better that way. I glued the flowers on white cardstock, but it looked a bit empty, so I added the instructions to the corners and drew a simple frame to define the card a bit more.

Here's the open card. The back of the flower paper was white, so I dabbed the paper with wisteria Fluid Chalk and stamped the petals with floral background stamp. As finishing touches, I added white dots with Sakura Soufflé, inked a panel for the greeting with Colorbox Queue Baby's Breath inks for a multihued effect and added some fake stitching (should have gone outside the panel, of course...).

No comments:

Post a Comment