Thursday 25 June 2009

Mother's Day fairies

I like to use flower fairies in my cards sometimes, but often find them "too cute" to fit the card. For Mother's Day cards, however, they were perfect.

The first card went for Mom, who loves lilacs, so it was easy to pick the right fairy. I finished the card with a strip of lilac handmade paper and a peel-off greeting. The only problem was that I seem to be unable to leave out the fiddliest bits from the 3D pictures. Cutting and fixing the teeny tiny shoes on the fairy's equally teeny tiny feet was somewhat a challenge...


The second card was for Granny, so I went for a bit more old-fashioned fairy. This was one unlucky card. First, I managed to dye the fairy's face to orange with a felt tip pen (the ink spread too much). Then the violet card blank wasn't violet enough after I'd glued the vellum on top of it, so I had to back the fairy with a brighter oval. I tried to conceal the oval's edges with a peel-off border, which sort of worked, but not quite. Finally, the design wasn't balanced so I had to add the peel-off butterflies to the corners. I printed the greeting and used some leftover peel-off centres as brads. There's definitely way too much peel-offs for my liking. I think Granny was pleased with it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment