Thursday 25 June 2009

Copy-paste

Sometimes you come across a perfect stamp, but lack the means/money to get one for yourself. I knew I wanted to use this rompers stamp, but didn't have it plus didn't have time to try to find one, so I did a bit of copying. I don't usually draw on my cards because I really do suck at it, but at least this time I had a model to rely upon.

So, again a variation of my violet/Cuddly Friends card. I traced the rompers from the book onto acetate and cut it out. Then I used it as a template and traced the outlines on the checkered paper. I drew in the details with a black marker pen approx where they should be. It's not as nice as the real thing, but it will do. I added two green stars at the corners to balance the busier left half of the card and to complement the green on the decorative papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment