Saturday 30 May 2009

Say it with flowers

I made this card for my mother's birthday. Having come up with this nice gift wrap and knowing my mother's fancy for gerberas, this was an easy card to make. I rather like its bold colours.


I stamped the daisy with VersaMark and embossed it with gold embossing powder. To frame and highlight the stamped image, I backed it with a square of red cardstock. Because the gift wrap was so bold, I decided to cool things off with a dose of white. Instead of sticking the gift wrap straight on the red card blank (hot, hot, hot, and "messy", too), I glued it first on white paper. I cut of the excess, leaving a thin white border, and stuck the panel on the base. I used foam pads to fix the stamped image to the card and to give it a bit of dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment